I used Dirtbound tie-in plates and originally had the mounts as part of the main bumper capturing the 3 stock holes and 1 of the steering box bolt holes, then the tube portion had its own mounting plates that captured just the 2 front bumper bolts. This way if the tube part got damaged it was only 4 total bolts to remove it and I could make a new one. I also wanted to be able to remove the main bumper without having to undo the steering box, hence the 4 bolt design. Unfortunately when my buddy bent up the plate for the main bumper (it was all cut out as 1 piece of 3/16 and then bent up) he misread the measurements and the space between the mounts was almost 3/4" too wide. As I was in a hurry to get the Jeep ready for a trip, and not willing to waste that entire piece of plate, I just cut the mounts off of the ends. Being in the hurry I was though I wound up just welding everything together and ended up with 3 layers of 3/16 plate to mount the bumper instead of having either a single side plate that would just be cleaner/more efficient or a multi-piece bumper that would be easier to repair as needed like I had originally intended. If I were to do it again I would stick with the multi-piece design but actually follow through with it. At a minimum I would make it a 2 pieces with the frame tie-in and then just 4 bolts on the bumper itself (tube portion integrated with main bumper). I hate having to unbolt the steering box just to remove/install the bumper.
yes. I skipped the clutch handle as it got screwed up during a hard pull, didn't get fully engaged. So it would not stay locked in but pop out. I just ran a solid round piece into the winch so it's always locked. I use the controller or in cab to spool in or out.
There are cool little gadgets out there now that I probably would have looked at using like what Boostwerks sells for engaging the clutch with a ratchet extension.