Well if by some miracle we get all the guard rail dragged Friday, and take care of any side projects that come up, we will have at least an hour head start. Then if we actually do have 20+ people show up and don't have any delays we might get done closer to 2-2:30 versus 3:30 or later. The chance of this happening are very slim, but it would make for a very smooth workday and save us an hour or so of time.I have to drive 4 hours one way. Just how short and sweet are you talking about?
Right now I am keeping an eye on the weather. They are currently calling for a 70% chance of rain Friday, so its a waiting game to see what happens.If the guardrail does not get brought in on Friday and you need me to bring the heep to help get it in on Saturday let me know via text Friday afternoon.
If it rains will they change the work date? If so how will that effect the rental? Need me to do some driving and drilling again if I make it?Right now I am keeping an eye on the weather. They are currently calling for a 70% chance of rain Friday, so its a waiting game to see what happens.
It has called for a 50% chance of rain before on a Friday before a workday, and it didn't rain until the after I had parked the Bobcat and was at the Outpost getting ready to leave. So lets pray and hope it doesn't rain Friday.
Maybe I should tag Ghost between now and then.... LOL!Keeping an eye on the weather now. Starting to look like we may be in for a bit of an ice storm come Friday.
Of course it is still 3 days out, so a lot can still change between now and then, but it could make getting to Uwharrie a bit tricky come Saturday morning.
Were you planning on coming Friday night?If the weather gets bad on Friday, I'm out. The truck is 2wd and I'm not bringing the jeep. I don't want to be in an ice storm 3 hours from my house.
So the workday is still on go, looking forward to seeing everyone out on the trails. At least it won't be sleeting Saturday, we did that 2 years back on a December workday. That was when Chris got the S-300 stuck in a tail ditch and it took the John Deere tractor and my truck daisy chained together to pull it out. You can see the Bobcat all the way in the back:I’ve checked the weather and as of now the weather on Friday, January 25th is supposed to be 33oF with 89% chance of precipitation with it being a mix of sleet & snow in the afternoon with little to no accumulation. For Saturday, January 26th it is supposed to be dry, sunny, breezy & chilly with plenty of sunshine with a hi of 47oF. I would like to go ahead and still plan on getting the Bobcat here on Friday and using Darin’s Toyota Cruiser and one of our FS trucks to haul the guardrail and posts from the Arrowhead Campground spray field on Friday and haul it onto the work site that is on Rocky Mt. Loop. We’re taking in 6 long (25 ft) guard rails and 7 posts into the RML site. The 3 guardrail sites on RML are just before the 2nd culvert when you start at Dutch John Trailhead and take the southwest section of RML and you go past the intersection with Dickey Bell Trails. We’ll plan on meeting at the Dutch John Trailhead between 12 and 1 pm.
There will definitely be some time in the Bobcat for you sir, I don't want to keep all the bounc... I mean fun to myself.If it rains will they change the work date? If so how will that effect the rental? Need me to do some driving and drilling again if I make it?
Maybe I should tag Ghost between now and then.... LOL!
Just a heads up. I'll be bowing out of this one. The weather here is bad and it's going to freeze tonight. I don't want to be in a ditch in a 7500 lb 2wd truck in the morning or tomorrow night. If I was closer, it would be different.I should be there by 830. I thought about bringing the jeep, but it has some small issues that I need to take care of before they turn into big issues.