Trail Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

planefixer

New member
Here's a tentative trail schedule. Everyone attending - your input is valued so dont be afraid to speak up.

Primary trips.........

Monday: Wheeler Lake
Tuesday: Grizzly Lake/Ironchest
Wednesday: Indy or Left Fender/Minesweeper
Thursday and Friday: Overnighter to Blanca Peak
Saturday: Ladies run on Chinaman Gulch

Secondary trips.........

Monday: Mt. Princeton
Tuesday: Tincup Pass
Wednesday: Mt. Antero/Pomeroy Lakes
Thursday: Hancock Pass/ Tomichi Pass (loop)
Friday: Chinaman Gulch
Saturday: Carnage Canyon

Lets hear your ideas for trips so that we have at least 2 trail run choices each day.

Those that want to go explore on their own are welcome to do so although I'd suggest that there is at least one other rig with you in case something happens.
 
Last edited:

formatt

New member
A friend of mine here in the office ran Blanca this weekend with her boyfriend... she said there isn't any snow on the way up at all... There's a few small patches up above the lake but that's about all.
__________________
matthew - 96 xj
formatt fabrications
www.formattfab.com
 

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm in for Indy on Wed and would love it if you moved Carnage to Thursday or even Friday so I could run that too. That is if my Jeep is still running after Indy! :)

B
 

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Nope gotta start heading East Sat morning. But I am also planning to do the over nighter. So unless Carnage is moved to earlier in the week I'll have to skip it this year. :(

B-loose
 

planefixer

New member
Bloose said:
Nope gotta start heading East Sat morning. But I am also planning to do the over nighter. So unless Carnage is moved to earlier in the week I'll have to skip it this year. :(

B-loose

Bob, the schedule is still tentative (except the over-nighter) so moving Carnage to earlier in the week isn't entirely out of the question.;)
 

jrsxj98

DILIGAF
We could maybe run that one on Tues. and bump one of the others back.

that would be
Carnage-Tue
Leftfender/minesweeper-wed.
Blanca-Thur.-Fri.

That way my wife could run Chinamans on Sat.
 

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
How do LF and MS compare to Indy?

I'm up for both Indy and Carnage but if LF or MS are as tough as Indy and Carnage it would be fun to do something different. If I had a choice though I would do Indy over Carnage.

B
 

planefixer

New member
Minesweeper is only difficult at the very beginning after that its nothing special.Left Fender we still need to go scout out- we've been told its pretty difficult but I doubt its even remotely as difficult as Indy.I kind of just threw those 2 trails out there to have some more ideas.
 

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well I'm in for the Over nighter, and would love to do Indy and Carnage again. I'm up for any other "extreme" trails that can be done on 35's. Is Led going to be there?
 

planefixer

New member
Bloose said:
Well I'm in for the Over nighter, and would love to do Indy and Carnage again. I'm up for any other "extreme" trails that can be done on 35's. Is Led going to be there?
Yeah Led will be there.We're going up a day early so we can play welcome-wagon when people start arriving on Sunday.Most likely we'll do Indy instead of LF/MS but everyone who does Indy has to take the Patriot exit this year.:scared: :D
 
Last edited:

freerider15

New member
planefixer said:
Yeah Led will be there.We're going up a day early so we can play welcome-wagon when people start arriving on Sunday.Most likely we'll do Indy instead of LF/MS but everyone who does Indy has to take the Patriot exit this year.:scared: :D
Are Indy and Carnage going to be winch only runs? I don't think I'm going to have the funds nor means just yet for a front winch (have tow hooks of course :D). I'de love to run Indy and Carnage, but its understandable if it would be to much of a hassle.
 

planefixer

New member
freerider15 said:
Are Indy and Carnage going to be winch only runs? I don't think I'm going to have the funds nor means just yet for a front winch (have tow hooks of course :D). I'de love to run Indy and Carnage, but its understandable if it would be to much of a hassle.
I wouldn't reccommend doing either trail without a winch.We got B-loose through Carnage w/o a winch 2 years ago but it was a lot of work (he was also still on 33s at the time).
 

Idiot Wind

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
planefixer said:
Those that want to go explore on their own are welcome to do so although I'd suggest that there is at least one other rig with you in case something happens.
It looks as though I will have to explore, being at stock height and all, which is cool and totally understandable. So I am really hoping others will want to join up for an easy run. I was looking at perhaps doing the Ptarmigan/McAllister loop up near Leadville either Friday or Saturday, and playing it by ear a little on the other day, perhaps work in a little fishing.
 

Rockken

NAXJA Member # 1674
Have you guys finalized the trail schedule yet? I'm trying to schedule other activities around wheeler lake, chinaman, Indy and carnage runs and this thread had conversations about changing some of these days.

Thanks
Ken
 

planefixer

New member
Trail schedule will be finalized and set after this weekend (next Mon. or Tues.).The only change we're mulling over right now is ditching Indy and doing Carnage on Wednesday instead of Saturday.Reasons being are: Indy is a long drive/day and we're trying to keep everything, except the over-nighter, closer to camp and Carnage usually has too much traffic on weekends (last year this caused some behind the scenes "issues",with other groups on the trail, that we'd rather avoid this year). We're trying to accomodate everyone who is trying to plan their trip as best possible.

Thanks and stay tuned.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top